Amy is Senior Counsel at Pavich Law Group, P.C., focusing on all types of litigation.
Amy's passion to help others led her to join Pavich Law Group after her youngest son was diagnosed with a chronic illness when he was just two years old. As a result of that experience and advocating for her family's medical needs, Amy remains committed to fighting for those who are injured, hurt or disabled.
Amy has dedicated her career to counseling clients on successfully navigating the trial process. She began her career at as a litigator at McDermott Will & Emery, LLP, eventually being named as a partner at the firm. There, she managed all phases of criminal and civil litigation, including investigations initiated by federal and state law enforcement agencies. She served as lead trial and appellate counsel to clients in a number of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, food and beverage. Amy also advised both clients and her colleagues on how to effectively and efficiently manage the eDiscovery process. Following McDermott, Amy joined the legal team at Baxter Healthcare, where she served as the Head of Global Investigations and Baxter's North American Regional Compliance Counsel. Amy counseled Baxter's business operations and corporate functions to meet local, state and international healthcare compliance regulations and laws.
Amy believes strongly in giving back to her community. She is active with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation ("JDRF") where she leads JDRF's grassroots advocacy efforts in Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin. In this role, she is frequently asked to speak about how patients can navigate health insurance issues, particularly those with chronic illnesses. Amy is also a Court Appointed Special Advocate for a foster child in Lake County, Illinois. She also served as the President of a local parent advisory board serving as a liaison between her school district and families of children with special needs.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Commercial Litigation
- “Representing Children in Custody Cases: Where We are Now and Where We Should Go,”, Children’s Law Manual, 2003
- "Battered Women on Trial", With Sarah J. Gabis and Timothy J. Eirich in the Children's Legal Rights Journal, Winter 2003-04
Classes & Seminars
- T1D Health Insurance Guide, JDRF Wisconsin Type One Nation Summit, October 2019
- Take Action: T1D and Advocacy, JDRF Illinois Type One Nation Summit, February 2019
- Choice, Courage, Coverage, JDRF Illinois Type One Nation Summit, February 2018
- Practical Insights to Navigating the Minefield of Whistleblower Claims: How to Recognize, Avoid and Mitigate Risks, Navigant Consulting Legal Roundtable, June 2013
- Ethics and E-Discovery Searches, McDermott Will and Emery, LLP, July 2012
- Discovery Bootcamp, McDermott Will and Emery, LLP, December 2011
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Georgetown University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Pro Bono Activities
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation